In this episode, I have an extremely interesting, inspiring, but most of all educational chat with my mate Najaf Ali, founder of Happy Bear Software, about what it's like to go from being an independent software consultant and freelancer to running a software consulting business.
He shares a no-holes-barred account of his experiences, more than you may expect to hear! Here's some excerpts from the chat:
- He never started out with the goal of starting a development consultancy.
- You have to go all in. Unless you make it personal, are committed to building up the business, to making it a great place to work, to caring for the people who you hire - don't bother.
- You don't know which networking efforts lead to work.
- Don't do big things as the same time as having kids.
- There's going to be a lot of things that you don't know that you don't know. But you have to be ready for the ride!
So grab your favourite beverage, put your feet up, and come hear from one very knowledgeable gentlemen.